Library & Resources
Information Resource Center and Library
The Information Resource Center provides specialized, substantive and accurate information about the United States to Israeli government officials, journalists, researchers, academics, students, NGOs, think tanks and others with a professional interest in the United States and American studies.
The Information Resource Center has an extensive collection of books, DVDs, and periodicals. Our facility is open to the public for research, and materials may be borrowed free of charge.
The collection concentrates on regional security and international relations, history, politics, elections, economics, society and culture. There is also an extensive selection of the best and latest in American fiction and other literature, as well as American feature films and documentaries.
The Information Resource Center offers the Israeli public:
- Research and information services
- A lending library
- The largest repository of U.S. government information in Israel
- Computer stations with free internet access
- Free wireless internet
- Materials for English-teaching professionals
Permanent residents of Israel aged 16 and up with a valid Israeli ID may borrow items free of charge. A professional staff is available to assist researchers. The staff accepts reference inquiries over the phone, by fax and by email.
- Lexis-Nexis - A leading source for American legal information and newspaper stories
- ProQuest - An important gateway to journal and magazine articles
- GaleNet - Detailed biographical information about people in the news
- JSTOR – A database of academic journal articles
- Databases of trade and other economic statistical information about the U.S.
and much more.
Sign up for our distribution list
Change in library hours for September:
19 Keren Hayesod Street, Jerusalem
Sunday- Thursday : 12 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Phone: (972) 02-595-2676
Fax: (972) 02-624-2560