Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Other Services
  • Need to redeem U.S. savings bonds? The U.S. Embassy does not redeem/cash bonds but can assist you during a process that generally includes mailing your savings bonds to the United States. For current information regarding redeeming your savings bonds while living outside of the United States, contact General Savings Bond Customer Service, Federal Reserve Branch Minneapolis at or call 800-553-2663 (menu option 4, then option 2) from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT.  If you wish to certify your U.S. savings bonds at the U.S. Embassy, refer to our notarials page.
  • Need a certificate of good conduct, lack of a criminal record, background check, criminal history, or registration letter? U.S. embassies and consulates do not provide these documents. Please see the U.S. Department of State’s Criminal Record Checks for U.S. Citizens. We also recommend that people who need a “certificate of good conduct” or a “certificate of good behavior” consult the appropriate ministry of the government of Israel and/or consult the U.S. Embassy’s list of lawyers.
  • To request a police certificate from the FBI, you must submit a completed fingerprint card (FD-258), a letter outlining the purpose of the fingerprint submission, and and an $18 money order made payable to the U.S. Department of Treasury.  This package should be sent to:

1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV  26306

  • If you need fingerprints, one option is to contact a private investigator. The U.S. Embassy is aware of two investigators who can provide this service: Mark Iankov (054-8097555) and Eitan Newman (054 4401915).
  • For information regarding services offered by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, visit 
  • For a comprehensive source of services offered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, visit
  • For a comprehensive source of services offered by the U.S. Department of State to U.S. citizens, visit


* * * * * * *

Where can I get updates about new policies affecting passports, travel, and other services for U.S. citizens?

Like us on Facebook and receive updates and other information.