First Time Passport Application
The following requirements apply to those applying for a U.S. passport for the first time, those whose passports were issued before age 16, those whose passports were issued more than 15 years ago, or those whose passports were valid for less than 10 years.
Each of these cases requires an appointment. Please note that all applicants must appear in person. If the applicant is under 16 years old, both parents must accompany the minor. If one parent cannot appear please click here.
If you are also applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, please click here.
How to Apply
Bring the following original documents to your appointment:
1. Properly completed Application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11)
2. One 5cm x 5cm Passport Photo – there is no photographer at the Embassy
3. Proof of U.S. citizenship:
- Birth certificate issued in the United States
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization
- a foreign passport showing entry into the United States on an immigrant visa under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000
- If the applicant does not have one of the above, and is over the age of 18, he/she must present a properly completed Form DS-5507, detailing the amount of time that the U.S. citizen parent has been physically present in the United States.
4. Proof of identity (if under age 16, proof of parent’s identity), for example:
- valid foreign passport
- valid driver’s license with photograph
- valid national identity card with photograph
- valid U.S. or state government identity card
5. If under age 16, evidence of the relationship between parents and child:
- Certified U.S. birth certificate with both parents' names
- Certified foreign birth certificate with both parents' names
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad with both parents' names
- Adoption decree with adopting parents' names
- Court order establishing custody
- Court order establishing guardianship
6. Appropriate fee
7. Name change documentation (if applicable)
Schedule an Appointment
Please schedule an appointment for each individual requiring a passport.
- Print your confirmation page! This includes a password you will need if you have to make changes to your appointment date. Bring this page with you to your appointment.
- Review our security procedures before your visit.
- Plan to arrive at the Embassy at least 15 minutes before your appointment time. If you are more than 30 minutes late to your appointment, you will be required to schedule another appointment.
Cancelling Your Appointment
If you have scheduled an appointment, and are no longer able to arrive on the date and time you have scheduled, you can reschedule your appointment by entering your surname, given name, contact telephone number, and password generated for the appointment (it is printed on the acknowledgment receipt of your booking).
If you have misplaced your receipt, you must send an email to AMCTelAviv@state.gov to cancel your booking (including the name, surname, and DOB). You must then reschedule the booking through the appointment calendar again. American Citizen Services cannot schedule a new appointment for you.
Delivery of issued documents
The delivery time for a passport is generally two to three weeks. You may either pick up your issued passport at our office or have it mailed to you. When you come to the Consular Section for your appointment, you can arrange courier delivery by one of our contracted courier services. The courier service will either deliver your documents directly to your chosen address or call you for pick-up at one of its distribution centers. You may also, if you wish, submit a self-addressed, stamped envelope with at least 16.70 NIS of postage for one passport, or more if you would like us to return multiple passports to you.
Tracking your passport
Once you have submitted your passport application to our office, you can check its status by clicking here.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.