Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Nonimmigrant Visas

Nonimmigrant Visas

All Israeli citizens are required to have a valid visa to enter the United States, regardless of age.  If you hold the passport of another country, you may not need a visa for short visits for tourism or business to the United States. To see if you are eligible to travel to the United States without a visa on another passport, please follow this link:  Visa Waiver

For information about how to apply for a visa, please visit the “How To Apply” page.

Before you apply for a visa, please watch this video

Over the past few years, some Israelis wanting to work in the United States have told interviewing officers that they planned to go to the United States only for tourism. This video shows what happens when they are caught having worked illegally, either at the port of entry or at their workplace. What can follow is detention, possibly a court hearing, and then an immediate return to Israel along with a multi-year ban on future travels to the United States. This video features Israelis speaking honestly about their experience. We hope you'll agree with them that the price of breaking U.S. immigration law is too high!  

The United States welcomes all Israelis who want to work legally or travel for tourism. Please obey the terms of your visa and have a great trip to the United States!

Investor visa for Israeli nationals

  • President Obama signed the legislation that would add Israel to the list of countries eligible for non-immigrant investor visas in the United States.

    The legislation, which was spearheaded by Rep. Howard Berman (D-Calif.), would grant Israelis E-2 investor visas, allowing them to live and work in the U.S. in order to be closer to their investments.  The legislation, signed on June 11, 2012, passed the House and the Senate in recent months. 

    However, the implementation of this visa category will not be effective until the terms and conditions of the final agreement are determined between the two countries.   The Embassy will issue a press release as soon as the E2 investor visa is available to Israeli nationals. 

Don't break the law

  • Foreign Ministry: Mall carts an embarrassment
    Dozens of Israelis arrested every year in malls worldwide for working in sales illegally. As holiday season approaches, Foreign Ministry urges young Israelis, 'Don't break the law, we won't be able to help'
  • J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program
    The  Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program launches a new website dedicated solely to the J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program.  It will make the online experience easier and more efficient for the more than 350,000 J-1 visitors who come to the United States each year.  For more information, visit