U.S. Embassy Tel Aviv expedites a limited number of nonimmigrant visa interview appointments in the following instances:
- Life-threatening medical emergencies that require treatment at a U.S. medical facility
- Visits to gravely ill/dying relatives in the United States
- Students and Exchange Visitors (F, M, and J visas) who could not otherwise travel to the United States in time for enrollment and class/program attendance
- Persons with approved employment-based visa petitions (visa categories H, L, P and O)
How do I apply for an emergency appointment?
Step 1: Schedule an Appointment — Schedule an appointment at U.S. Embassy Tel Aviv, even if this date does not fit your needs. Click here for information regarding how to schedule an appointment.
Step 2: Request an Emergency Appointment — Send an e-mail requesting an emergency appointment to email@example.com, with the following:
- Full name of applicant requesting the emergency appointment ;
- Date of scheduled appointment;
- The reason justifying emergency travel;
- Documentation substantiating the emergency.
The Consular Section grants emergency appointments based on workload and other considerations. The section strives to respond to each emergency request as quickly as possible, generally within two business days. If scheduled, the Embassy sends a confirmation e-mail with a new date and time. If the request is not approved, the applicant should attend the original appointment.
Please be advised that the granting of an emergency appointment in no way guarantees visa issuance. U.S. law places the burden of qualifying for a visa solely on the applicant.